Let’s assume that I am going on holiday and therefore I will need to get myself organised:
- All my blogs will be written in advance;
- I will go through the diary of my client(s) and see if there are any business trips to organise/book/purchase;
- I will NOT put an out of office on my emails as I can check them from where I am and possibly reply. Also I don’t want to tell the world that I am going to be away!
- Any stationery/ordering will have to be done in advance;
- If telephone lines are transferred to me, I will have to source an answering service for the period (paid by me, not the client);
Basically it is thinking 2 weeks in advance instead of day by day. On the other hand, if your PA/VA is going on holiday, why don’t you contact Georgiana at email@example.com or on +44 7765 246124?
A police officer sees a man driving around with a pickup truck full of frogs. He pulls the guy over and says: “You can’t drive around with frogs in this town! Take them to the zoo immediately.”
The guy says OK, and drives away.
The next day, the officer sees the guy still driving around with the truck full of frogs, and they’re all wearing sun glasses. He pulls the guy over and demands: “I thought I told you to take these frogs to the zoo yesterday?”
The guy replies: “I did … today I’m taking them to the beach!”